Cheerleading announces tryout information
Tryouts for the 2017 - 2018 season will be held on Sunday May 7, 2017 at Cheer Sport Sharks in Cambridge
Tuesday, April 4, 2017 - Posted by Ryan Lannan
Amy Weston and Becca Tischart, coaches for Wilfrid Laurier University's cheerleading team, presented by The Marq, announced today the tryout information for the upcoming 2017 - 2018 season. Tryouts will be held on Sunday, May 7 from 2-5 p.m. at Cheer Sport Sharks located at 600 Boxwood Drive in Cambridge, Ont.
Those who are trying out are asked to wear a t-shirt and shorts, as well as cheerleading or athletic running shoes with white ankle socks.
Other items to note:
For any other questions, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- There is a $10 tryout fee
- Athletes wishing to participate must have ACCEPTED an offer of admissions or be currently enrolled at Laurier in order to be eligible for tryouts
- A Cheer Sport Sharks waiver must be completed at or prior to tryouts to be eligible for participation. Note a parent/guardian signature is required for athletes under 18 years of age as of the tryout date
IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT MEDICAL INFORMATION:
No athlete will be allowed to participate in the workouts until these forms are completed and submitted to the coaching staff. Please have them completed prior to arrival to help ensure the sign-in process goes smoothly to allow for practice to begin promptly.
- Incoming first year student athletes (including freshmen, transfer students, and Laurier students not in first year who have not participated in an interuniversity sport) are required to have completed by a physician, the Initial Health Assessment Form (Please insert hyperlink) before he participates in an interuniversity sport, which includes the first try-out.
- Returning student athletes are required to complete the Veteran Athlete Health Assessment (Please insert hyperlink) Form before he participates in an interuniversity sport, which includes the first try-out. This form updates the student athlete’s medical history over the past 12 months.
- Any athlete who has been prescribed with an asthma medication must have the prescribing physician compete the CCES - Abbreviated TUE Form (Therapeutic Use Exemption) (Please insert hyperlink)
For first year student athletes, in the event that a medical cannot be arranged with your family doctor, please contact Amy and Becca at email@example.com and there will be arrangements made to have a doctor at Wilfrid Laurier conduct the physical assessment. Please be aware that there is a charge for completing this process
Copyright © 2018
The contents, but not any logo or other visual representation, of
the Golden Hawk Website may be used and reproduced solely for non-commercial,
personal or educational purposes provided that it is not modified and that
you do not delete any copyrights and other legal or proprietary notices contained
therein. Such information may not otherwise be used, reproduced, broadcast,
published or re-disseminated without the prior written permission of Wilfrid Laurier Athletics.
For more information visit our Terms of Service page on our website or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org