Game Date and Time:
Sunday October 22nd, 2017 at 3:15 pmGame Location:
University Stadium, WaterlooTickets: click here
On Sunday, the Wilfrid Laurier Golden Hawks men’s soccer team play their final regular season game of 2017. The Hawks will battle the Brock Badgers in a matchup that has tremendous playoff implications. Simply, if the Hawks win, they’re in the playoffs. If they lose, their season is most likely over.
As it stands, the Hawks are fighting with the Badgers for the final playoff berth in the OUA west standings. Both teams have 16 points, but Brock has two games remaining. The Badgers face the Waterloo Warriors on Saturday before heading cross-town to face the Hawks on Sunday. Both Brock and Laurier will be fighting for key points to clinch a playoff berth as they sit just one point behind Windsor for fifth in the division.
The Hawks are coming off a couple of impressive performances last weekend, defeating the Western Mustangs 1-0 in London and earning a scoreless draw against the Windsor Lancers in Windsor. As for Brock, the Badgers will enter the game against Waterloo on Saturday on a recent struggle, having lost their last three games.
Sunday's Kickoff is at 3:15 pm at University Stadium. Expect a playoff atmosphere at Laurier’s home field.PLAYERS TO WATCHWilfrid Laurier Golden Hawks (4-7-4)
#1 GK Rocco Strazzella
- The third-year goalkeeper was the primary netminder in the two shutouts last weekend
#14 F Malik Bromfield
- The first-year forward has scored twice in his rookie season
- The speedy striker scored the game-winning goal last weekend against WesternBrock Badgers (5-8-1)
#12 F Alexander Makubuya (St. Catharines, Ont.)
- The striker leads the team in goals scored, having netted six this season
- Makubuya has scored three game winning goals, tied for fifth most in the league