Game Dates & Times:
Friday, October 14 - 8:15 p.m. (Windsor) & Sunday, October 16 - 2:15 p.m. (Western)Game Location:
Windsor Alumni Field (Windsor) & London Huron Flats East (Western)THE LOW-DOWN
Having not played since last Wednesday, the Hawks are well-rested and looking to get back into the win column when they battle against the Windsor Lancers and the Western Mustangs. Having been dealt a loss in their last two games, the ensuing matches have Laurier eager for a victory. NEED TO KNOW
- Laurier is 6-5-1 on the season, and Western is on par in points at 5-3-4 on the year.
- The Golden Hawks and the Mustangs are tied for third in the OUA West standings, with 19 points apiece.
- With a 4-4-4 record, Windsor sits in sixth place in the conference, with 16 points to their name.
- In 2015, the Hawks drew two 0-0 tie games against Western and lost two games to Windsor by a score of 2-0. Similarly, earlier this season, Laurier once again fell 0-2 to the Lancers and claimed a 0-0 tie against the Mustangs. PLAYERS TO WATCHWilfrid Laurier Golden Hawks (6-5-1)
MF MICHAEL WARDEN
- In what is his third year in purple and gold, Warden is one of Laurier’s key midfielders, as he offers both defensive and offensive talent.
- Warden has started in all but one of Laurier’s regular season games
- With a pair of goals to his name, the Arts major is one of the Hawks’ top five goal scorersWindsor Lancers (4-4-4)
GK Kyle Vizirakis (Windsor, Ont.)
- The third year Business major has started in net for the majority of the games that the Lancers have played thus far
- In the Lancer’s last contest, they won 1-0 against the Mustangs, which marked Vizirakis third shut-out of the season
- He currently sits in sixth in the league for best goals against average sitting at 0.940Western Mustangs (5-3-4)
MF Amad El-Houni (Toronto, Ont.)
- Currently playing his fourth year with the Mustangs
- With six assists under his belt, the veteran is tied at second in the league for highest number of assists