The women’s varsity lacrosse team, OUA champions for five consecutive seasons, will begin its series of try-outs on September 1st.
Please note that the sessions on September 1st, 3rd and 5th will be held on Knight-Newbrough Field at University Stadium, and the locations of the sessions on September 2nd and 4th are subject to change. Check www.laurierathletics.com at a later date for confirmation of the locations of these two sessions.
The dates of the try-outs are as follows:
• Monday, September 1st: try-out 5:00 – 7:00 p.m. (Knight-Newbrough Field)
• Tuesday, September 2nd: try-out 8:30 – 10:30 p.m. (Knight-Newbrough Field or Waterloo Park)
• Wednesday, September 3rd: try-out 6:30 – 8:30 p.m. (Knight-Newbrough Field)
• Thursday, September 4th: try-out 8:30 – 10:30 p.m. (Knight-Newbrough Field or Waterloo Park)
• Friday, September 5th: team meeting 6:00 – 7:00 p.m. (Athletic Complex), followed by a try-out 7:30 – 9:00 p.m. (Knight-Newbrough Field)
• Saturday, September 6th: game @ University of Toronto
Prospective athletes are asked to complete the required student-athlete health forms prior to the try-outs. Please see this important information below. Head coach LYNN ORTH may be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.
IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT MEDICAL INFORMATION:
• Incoming first year student athletes (including freshmen, transfer students, and WLU students not in first year who have not participated in an interuniversity sport) are required to have completed by a physician, The Initial Health Assessment Form.
• Returning student athletes are required to complete The Veteran Athlete Health Assessment Form, before he/she participates in interuniversity sport, which includes the first try-out. This form updates the student athlete’s medical history over the past 12 months.
• Any athlete who has been prescribed with an asthma medication must have the prescribing physician compete the CCES – Abbreviated TUE Form (Therapeutic Use Exemption).
(The above forms can all be found at: http://www.laurierathletics.com/generatepage.php?ID=45)