The Golden Hawk women’s varsity hockey program will hold open try-outs for interested student-athletes in September. The dates of these try-outs are as follows:
• Thursday, September 11th: 8:30 p.m. – 10:00 pm
• Friday, September 12th: 8:30 p.m. – 10:00 pm
The location of the try-outs is the Waterloo Rec Centre.
Prospective athletes are asking to complete the required student-athlete health forms prior to the try-out. See below for this important information. Please contact head coach RICK OSBORNE (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions or concerns.
IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT MEDICAL INFORMATION:
• Incoming first year student athletes (including freshmen, transfer students, and WLU students not in first year who have not participated in an interuniversity sport) are required to have completed by a physician, The Initial Health Assessment Form.
• Returning student athletes are required to complete The Veteran Athlete Health Assessment Form, before he/she participates in interuniversity sport, which includes the first try-out. This form updates the student athlete’s medical history over the past 12 months.
• Any athlete who has been prescribed with an asthma medication must have the prescribing physician compete the CCES – Abbreviated TUE Form (Therapeutic Use Exemption).
(The above forms can all be found at: http://www.laurierathletics.com/generatepage.php?ID=45)